There are so many Corn salad varieties out there, but this one is completely raw and more healthier version. This salad is for those days when you feel like having something different and zip up your cravings. I love sweet corn, and I like to use them in most of my dishes. In this recipe I have used frozen sweet corns, you can use fresh corn if available in season, or use a knife to slice the kernels off the cob.
Lets look at the recipe.
- 1/2 cup of frozen or fresh sweet corn kernels.
- 1 small Onion.
- 6 to 7 cherry tomatoes
- 2 green Indian chillies( Jalapeños optional)
- Green pepper(diced)
- 1/2 Avocado
- Green Mango (Available at any Indian or Asian Markets)
- Cilantro 1 bunch
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder/Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Amchur Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chat Masala(Adjust according to taste)
- Pinch of Kaala Namak or Himalayan Salt
Wash the corns in warm water for 2 mins. Now soak them in hot water for 5 mins and drain it. Chop onions, add it to the salad bowl. Now mix in diced cherry tomatoes to it. Add nicely minced green chillies, diced Green pepper(known as capsicum in India). Add finely chopped Green Mango and mix in avocado with the rest of it. Finally add the spices listed. Squeeze in some lime. Sprinkle some finely chopped cilantro. Serve the salad at room temperature or cold.